- Because I will not give up my right to choose. And yes, I do think that right is in danger.
- Because I hate knowing how likely it is that I’ll have to choose between having a family and having a career.
- Because, even if I choose “career” (see bullet two), I know I’ll have to work harder and make less than my male colleagues.
- Because I do not accept that women deserve maltreatment and abuse simply because they are women.
- Because I don’t think that birth control is a “women’s” issue or safe sex shouldn’t be encouraged.
- Because it’s absurd to think that a woman cannot be trusted to make her own decisions.
- Because equality has not been achieved yet. And because I'm hopeful that it can be.
- Because there are women all over the world – who call themselves feminists, who call themselves something else, who just call themselves women or men or whatever they choose – who agree.
This is What a Young Feminist Looks Like
Lots of young fems making lists today. I'm joining in! Why am I a young feminist?